Copyright © 2021 Traco Systems a.s.
Before You Begin
- Identify the hostnames and/or IP addresses of your Domain, DNS, NTP.
- Identify the hostnames and/or IP addresses of the required components in your setup: MediaCentral | Cloud UX servers, Viz Pilot Data Server, Viz Preview Server Frame API (or Viz Connection Broker).
- Identify the hostnames and/or IP addresses of the optional components in your setup: Viz Graphic Hub REST API, Viz World, Traco AI, Traco Preview Server.
- Identify playout system and optionally Viz Pilot graphics MOS gateways.
- Identify Interplay Production Engine ID.
- Identify Viz Graphic Hub REST API username and password if a Graphic Hub will be used in your setup.
- Identify NRCS type if used in your setup.
- Obtain Traco GFX feature pack installation zip.
- Obtain Traco ACS installation files.
- Obtain MediaCentral | Cloud UX licenses from AVID for Traco GFX app, Traco ACS service and Traco ACS Renderer service.
- Obtain MediaCentral | Cloud UX licenses from AVID for Traco MediaDistributor app (required only for burn gfx workflows).
- Obtain license for Traco ACS including the Traco GFX feature from Traco Systems.
- Configure Send To Playback (Publish) operation from Cloud UX to Viz Engine(s) (required only for burn gfx workflows)
This product has been tested on the following platforms and with the following products:
- Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UX v2020.4 and later
- Avid Interplay (MediaCentral PAM) v2020.4 and later
- Octopus Newsroom v8 and later
- iNews (Newsroom Management) v2020.4 and later
- Cloud UX | Octopus 2021.3 and later
- Viz Content Pilot v8.x and later
- Viz Data Server v8.x and later
- Viz Pilot Edge v1.6 and later
- Viz Preview Server or Viz Connection Broker 4.3 and later
- Viz Graphic Hub 3.3 and later
- Viz Graphic Hub REST API 2.3 and later
- Viz World v17.x and later
This chapter covers the installation of the Traco GFX feature pack, however the installation requires the Traco ACS Windows service, Traco ACS feature pack, Traco ACS Renderer feature pack and Traco ACS Database to be installed also. For installation and licensing of Traco ACS please refer to Traco ACS Documentations.
- Upload the Traco GFX feature pack to your Cloud UX primary master node or single server.
On Windows you can use WinSCP while on Linux you can use the scp command in terminal.
- Connect via ssh into your Cloud UX primary master node or single server where you uploaded the Traco GFX feature pack.
- Import the Traco GFX feature-pack.
avidctl feature-pack import <path-to-feature-pack>/traco-gfx.zip
- For Mediacentral | Cloud UX earlier then v2018.11 you must upgrade the helm repo manually.
helm repo update
- Install the feature pack.
avidctl feature install --feature avid-releases/traco-gfx --name traco-gfx --version=<version>
Note: If this is your first installation of the Traco GFX feature pack, the application in the user interface will appear within 1-20 minutes.
Note: The exact version number of the feature pack can be identified from the output of the feature-pack import command (step 3 of this chapter).
- If you are reinstalling or upgrading the Traco GFX feature pack, it is necessary to delete the old traco-gfx pod from kubernetes if it was not deleted automatically after the traco-gfx feature pack installation. For more info about deleting pods please refer to MediaCentral | Cloud UX documentations.