Copyright © 2022 Traco Systems a.s.
Before You Begin
- Identify the names and/or IP addresses of your Domain, DNS, NTP.
- Identify the hostname and/or IP address of following systems: Octopus server, MediaCentral | Cloud UX and Interplay Web Services server.
- Identify playout system and optionally Viz Pilot graphics MOS gateways.
- Identify Interplay Production Engine ID and Interplay Workgroup.
- Identify Octopus REST API username and password and Interplay Web Services username and password.
- Obtain Octopus feature pack installation zip.
- Obtain Traco ACS installation files.
- Obtain MediaCentral | Cloud UX licenses for Octopus app and Traco ACS service.
- Obtain license for Traco ACS including the Octopus feature.
This product has been tested on the following platforms and with the following products:
- Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UX v2019.2 and later
- Avid Interplay (MediaCentral PAM) v2018.6 and later
- Octopus Newsroom v8 and later
- Traco GFX v2021.11 and later
- Traco ACS v2021.11 and later
- Viz Content Pilot v8.x and later
This chapter covers the installation of the Octopus feature pack, however the installation requires the Traco ACS v1.x windows service to be installed also. For installation and licensing of Traco ACS please refer to Traco ACS Documentations.
- Upload the Octopus feature pack to your Cloud UX primary master node or single server.
On Windows you can use WinSCP while on Linux you can use the scp command in terminal.
- Connect via ssh into your Cloud UX primary master node or single server where you uploaded the Octopus feature pack.
- Import the Octopus feature-pack.
avidctl feature-pack import <path-to-feature-pack>/traco-octopus.zip
- For Mediacentral | Cloud UX earlier then v2018.11 you must upgrade the helm repo manually.
helm repo update
- Install the feature pack.
avidctl feature install --feature avid-releases/traco-octopus --name traco-octopus --version=<version>
Note: If this is your first installation of the Octopus feature pack, the application in the user interface will appear within 1 to 20 minutes. Note: The exact version number of the feature pack can be identified from the output of the feature-pack import command (step 3 of this chapter).
- If you are reinstalling or upgrading the Octopus feature pack, it is necessary to delete the old octopus pod from kubernetes if it was not deleted automatically after the Octopus feature pack installation. For more info about deleting pods please refer to MediaCentral | Cloud UX documentations.